St. Anthony School
Pre-K 3 Year Old Program
St. Anthony School is a faith community. We build upon the foundation of faith first presented by the child’s parents in their own home. We prepare the children to know and love God through prayer, play and learning.
The goal of our program is to provide the children with an atmosphere that is friendly, inviting, secure and conducive to learning.
Curriculum is derived from New York State Department of Education Preschool Planning Guide.
Full day (7:50 AM – 2:20 PM)
Half day (7:50 AM – 11:30 AM)
-Daily activities include
- Staff: Teacher
- Specials include:
§ Physical Education twice weekly
§ Music and Movement weekly
- Uniform: School t-shirt and shorts in warm weather, sweat shirt and sweat pants in cold weather.
- Religious curriculum: Discovering God’s Child Program for Three Year Olds
- story time
- student news
- arts and crafts
- snack time
- rest period
- outdoor recess (weather permitting)
Children must be three years old before December 31st and must be fully toilet trained.
“Children develop at different rates and each child is unique in his/her own development, growth and acquisition of skills… Children are active learners. A primary approach to learning is through purposeful play.”
-New York State Pre-Kindergarten
Developmental activities include:
- Faith Development: Children become better acquainted with God and the love He has for them through a rich faith based environment. Prayers are recited at the beginning and close of each day as well as before snack and lunchtime. Children will learn about the wonderful gift of God’s creation in the world around as well as the love He has for each of them through music, stories, and activities.
- Language Development: The children will develop their language skills through color recognition, letter recognition, and recognition of sounds of letters. The children will also be introduced to writing letters of the alphabet. Children will also develop their knowledge of spatial concepts, opposites, and rhyming. Children will also develop their vocabulary skills through music, storytelling, and dramatic play.
- Mathematical Development: The children will develop their math skills through various hands – on activities. They will learn to count by rote and number recognition. Children will also be able to enhance other important mathematical skills such as shape recognition, sorting, categorizing, and sequencing.
- Science Skills: Important science skills such as hypothesizing, observation, and developing conclusions are fostered through a wide variety of hands – on activities. Children will be provided with opportunities to learn about various topics such as: plants and animals, weather, seasons, cooking, nutrition, and keeping healthy.
- Fine Motor Skills: These important skills are developed through various activities such as coloring, painting, cutting, gluing, tearing, printing, and working with various classroom manipulatives such as beads and puzzles.
- Gross Motor Skills: The development of these important skills are fosters through physical activities such as walking, running, hopping, jumping, skipping, dancing, and playing games.
- Social and Emotional Skills: These skills are supported by providing the children with a loving and nurturing environment based on the commandment Jesus gave to His disciples: “Love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:12) Through the values of our Catholic faith, the children develop skills such as sharing, cooperation, control over emotions, respect for self and others, accepting authority, developing age appropriate listening skills, following directions, and responsibility for one’s self and belongings. The development of a positive self-image and the knowledge of God’s love for each child is also highly valued.
School Tours are available.
Please call for tours and registration information at (914) 476 – 8489.
For tuition for the upcoming school year, please see the Tuition and Fees link on the left.