Along with the Student Affirmation Code and Sylvania City Schools Academic
Guidelines for participation in Interscholastic Sports these are the
expectations of Coach Masters and Coach Osborn for participation in McCord
Cross Country. These guidelines are constructed in order to assure all
participants benefit fairly and positively from participation in the
interscholastic, Northern Lakes League sport of Cross Country.
1. Runners must participate in all Wednesday League meets unless injured or
otherwise determined by coaches. Missing a Wednesday competition can result
in sitting out the next competition, and being asked to turn in your uniform.
2. Runners are expected to attend all practice sessions, but must attend 3
practice sessions a week to be considered a uniform wearing member of the
team. Wednesday competitions are included in this. Missing a practice
session can result in sitting out a competition or being asked to turn in
3. At the Jr. High Cross Country level, the Coaches will determine the
varsity (top 7) squad for the Tiffin Carnival meet and the Northern Lakes
League Championship Meet. Runners may demonstrate their ability for these
positions by placing in the top 7 in meets throughout the season. Also,
attendance at practice; attitude; efforts at practice and demonstrated
leadership within the team will be taken into consideration.
4. Runners are expected to demonstrate willingness to follow the coach’s
instructions in practices and meets. If determined by the coaches that you
are not contributing to the team by following instruction you may be asked to
sit out a practice, a competition, or turn in your uniform.
- The coaches are in charge and are to be shown respect by: *Listening (not
talking) when they are talking; *Being at the appointed meeting place for
practice on time (we will not look for you and if you are not there it is
considered a missed practice)*No cell phones or I-Pods during
practice.*Reporting directly to coaches, saying hello, for attendance.
5. Runners are always ladies and gentlemen. Any behavior deemed embarrassing
to the team/school will have consequences determined by the coaches.
6. Runners are expected to contact the coaches (by e-mail, phone or note)
BEFORE they are to miss a practice. In the case of illness, a phone call or
e-mail to a coach following practice is great! We appreciate your on going
communication. Repeatedly "forgetting" to communicate with the coaches can
result in sitting out a practice, a competition or being asked to turn in
7. Uniforms are property of McCord School and should be treated with
respect. Note the condition of your uniform when you sign the Uniform
Acceptance Form. All uniforms must be returned in good condition; no tears,
holes, and clean. School issued uniforms/sweats are not to be worn to school
except for designated spirit days.
8. After the first two weeks of practice [Aug 10 -24, 2010] if a runner is
unable to demonstrate the ability to run for 10 consecutive minutes they will
not be considered fit enough to safely participate in the first meet. The
Saturday Invitational meets have time requirements for participation. The
coaches will discuss with individual runners if needed.
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org