WELCOME TO OUR 7th GRADE WORLD STUDIES CLASS
Here are some simple class rules for student and classroom success.
1. Come to class prepared... paper pencil, pen (black or dark blue), homework finished neatly and directions followed, textbook, composition book and agenda book.
2. Homework done neatly and turned in on time. Late homework (except for excused absences) receives a zero. I will NOT accept late homework.
3. Follow school rules (including no gum chewing etc.).
4. Talk when given permission.
5. Keep hands, feet, and objects to oneself.
6. MOST IMPORTANT: RESPECT SELF AND OTHERS. NO DISRESPECT, ARGUING, OR INAPPROPRIATE BODY LANGUAGE WILL EVER BE TOLERATED.
7. Expectations are spelled out clearly for the classroom and for each lesson. Consequences are creative and are appropriate for the occasion.
8. STUDENTS GET WHAT THEY EARN, NOT WHAT THEY DESERVE. Every activity gets a point value including homework. Every grade is earned, not given by the teacher, and my personal feelings never enter into any grades. I NEVER round a grade up for this reason, and RARELY give extra credit. I NEVER GIVE EXTRA CREDIT IN PLACE OF THE ASSIGNED WORK.
As a teacher, I try to create an atmosphere in the classroom as fair as humanly possible. The student however is the prime player here with a job to do. The job of the student is to learn and that is the main goal of this classroom. Anything less is unacceptable.