WELCOME TO OUR 8th GRADE AMERICAN HISTORY CLASS
Here are some simple class rules for student and classroom success.
1. Come to class prepared... paper pencil, pen (black or dark blue), homework finished neatly and directions followed, textbook, composition book and agenda book.
GET WHAT THEY EARN, NOT WHAT THEY DESERVE. Homework is to be done neatly and
turned in on time.
Late homework (except
for excused absences and extreme cases) receives a zero. I NEVER round a grade up for this reason, and RARELY give extra credit. I NEVER GIVE EXTRA CREDIT IN PLACE OF ASSIGNMENTS.
3. Follow school rules (including no gum chewing etc.).
4. Talk when given permission.
5. Keep hands, feet, and objects to oneself.
6. MOST IMPORTANT: RESPECT SELF AND OTHERS. NO DISRESPECT, ARGUING, OR INAPPROPRIATE BODY LANGUAGE WILL EVER BE TOLERATED.
7. Expectations are spelled out clearly for the classroom and for each lesson. Consequences are creative and are appropriate for the occasion.
As a teacher, I try to create an atmosphere in the classroom as fair as humanly possible. The student however is the prime player here with a job to do. The job of the student is to learn and that is the main goal of this classroom. Anything less is unacceptable.
Mrs. Menzie, BSEd, M.Ed
Arbor Hills Jr. High
Sylvania Public Schools
419-824-8640, ext. 4117