1. Come to class prepared... paper pencil, pen (black or dark blue), homework finished neatly and directions followed, textbook, composition book and agenda book.
2. Homework done neatly and turned in on time. Late homework (except for excused absences) receives a zero. I will NOT accept late homework.
3. Follow school rules (including no gum chewing etc.).
4. Talk when given permission.
5. Keep hands, feet, and objects to oneself.
6. MOST IMPORTANT: RESPECT SELF AND OTHERS. NO DISRESPECT, ARGUING, OR INAPPROPRIATE BODY LANGUAGE WILL EVER BE TOLERATED.
7. Expectations are spelled out clearly for the classroom and for each lesson. Consequences are creative and are appropriate for the occasion.
8. STUDENTS GET WHAT THEY EARN, NOT WHAT THEY DESERVE. Every activity gets a point value including homework. Every grade is earned, not given by the teacher, and my personal feelings never enter into any grades. I NEVER round a grade up for this reason, and RARELY give extra credit. I NEVER GIVE EXTRA CREDIT IN PLACE OF THE ASSIGNED WORK.
As a teacher, I try to create an atmosphere in the classroom as fair as humanly possible. The student however is the prime player here with a job to do. The job of the student is to learn and that is the main goal of this classroom. Anything less is unacceptable.
I will work hard to make this year an outstanding learning experience.
HOMEWORK POLICY FOR THIS YEAR-
Things you should know first.
- Students must READ THE ASSIGNMENT. This is something that few students want to do.
- Copying someone else's homework is cheating, pure and simple and will receive a zero.
- All homework (99%) is online, on my main website page http://teacherweb.com/OH/SylvaniaCitySchools/MenzieAmericanHistory If you are absent for an excused absence, make sure that you get online and see what you missed.
- Supplementary reading is found in the Reading link on the left of the homepage and worksheets are always int the Workbook link. Most assignments are found on the Assignment page link are hyper-linked.
- The textbook can also be found online. It is linked online and you can find the link in the LEFT SIDEBAR on the Menzinator Stargate main page. The user name is cmenzie2 and the password is menzinator. You need Adobe Reader (http://www.adobe.com) to open this on your computer. This is a free download. If you are on an Apple computer, you do not need this download.
1. All homework is to be done and turned in on time. I do not accept late homework unless they are involved with excused absences. If you are sick, get ONLINE and find out what you have missed.
2. NEAT!!! Your work shows you have pride and neat will generally get a better grade. If I cannot read it, or it is done in inappropriate color ink, etc, I will not grade it.
3. Follow directions. Read the directions.
4. Black or dark blue ink (not turquoise), regular pencil, or computer will be accepted. No colored ink or pencil can be used unless given permission.
5. Always write down your assignment in your agenda book.
6.; All homework and worksheets are on my website (except commercial workbook sheets). My website is http://teacherweb.com/OH/SylvaniaCitySchools/MenzieAmericanHistory
; and email email@example.com
You will have to in this class. There are things that must be memorized, certain things that you will be expected to do on your own, and YOU GET WHAT YOU EARN, NOT WHAT WHAT YOU DESERVE.
YOU COPY YOUR HOMEWORK OR ANY OTHER WORK FROM SOMEONE ELSE, AND YOU HAVE
NOT BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION BY ME TO WORK TOGETHER, YOU WILL RECEIVE A
ZERO AS WELL AS POSSIBLY OTHER CONSEQUENCES. DO NOT BE LAZY.
Homework may be done in hard-copy or online.
If done on computer, follow these directions:
A. Copy and paste the worksheet into a Word document. Works or Word Perfect are not readable.
B. Type the answers.
C. Save your worksheet under YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, AND ASSIGNMENT TITLE.
You can do this two ways:
1. Email directly. Open FILE on the menu bar. Click SEND TO and then put my email address in it. Then hit SEND.
2. OR Open email and address it firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , again subject of the email is YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, AND ASSIGNMENT TITLE. Attach the document to it and SEND.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TYPE AND SAVE EVERY DOCUMENT FOR THIS CLASS...THIS IS FROM MR. CUTWAY, BUT ALSO APPLIES TO THIS CLASS. Please check the bottom of this page link to watch how this is done.