Reminder to wear your track conference shirt tomorrow for the Pep Assembly if you got one.
Get your athletes physical out of the way. Tomorrow (May 14) at the HS gym physicals are $20 show up at 7:00.
Parents of 8th grade girls..... I have some wonderful pictures from Barb May, Madi's mom so I was wondering if there are more out there from this season???? I would love to get them in email at email@example.com. Thanks... 8th grade girls track events from this season.
Me again! Results of the meet are posted at
Click on the link or copy and paste in your bowser.
Another track season is in the books and the DCMS Antlers are Suburban Conference Champions in every division! Yes, we know, the Lady Antlers and the Antlers are AWESOME!!! Thanks to the students' hard work and effort and thanks also to those of you who are responsible for making sure the students are at the meets and supporting the Creek! Again a big THANK YOU to all the Antlers and their parents / guardians! GO CREEK!
All uniforms are to be turned in asap. Please turn them in dry...(don't ask LOL)!
Forms will be coming home soon to order our MOST AWESOME conference t-shirts ever! (Well that's what we have heard!)
Thanks again for all you do to make the Creek successful...
The Track Coaches at DCMS!
The order of events for the Suburban Conference meet is online. Look under the Track Information Downloads and forms
Saturday track will be leaving from Rose Union Elementary at 8:57. Please have everything needed because we will not be opening the Middle School for items the students may have left or have forgotten. All events begin at 10:00. Bring extra food or money for concession. We do not have an estimated time of arrival for our return. Bring layers for clothing.
Directions: The high school is on 178th Edmond Road and west of Piedmont Road.
7th and 8th grade girls will have track practice after school Thursday 2:30 -4:00. Weather permitting!
We will be participating in the Piedmont Track Meet Saturday, April 13th. We will be leaving from ROSE UNION school at 8:30 a.m. SHARP!!! The meet starts at 9:30 field events and 10:15 for running. Bring extra food or money for concession. We do not have an estimated time of arrival for our return. Bring layers for clothing.
Directions: The high school is on 178th Edmond Road and west of Piedmont Road.
Track Meet information for Friday, April 5. We will leave from the middle school around 8 A.M. and will go to Yukon Middle School on Garth Brooks Blvd. It is at the old HS football stadium. All events begin at 9:30!
CONCESSIONS / ADMISSION—The concession stand will be open. Admission will
be charged for spectators.
Here are the team results. For individual results go to:
Of the teams listed below Western Heights, Carl Albert, and Piedmont are in our conference. We will see several of these teams again at Yukon.
Women - 7th Grade - Team Rankings - 14 Events Scored
1) Deer Creek Middle School 153 2) Westmoore Junior High 94
3) Yukon Middle School White 89 4) Carl Albert Middle School 81
5) Yukon Middle School Red 41 6) Piedmont Middle School 31
7) Longfellow Middle School 22 8) Douglass Middle School 18
9) Cooper Middle School, Putn 14 10) Monroney Middle School 7
11) Bethany Middle School 5 12) Casady Middle School 3
Women - 8th Grade - Team Rankings - 14 Events Scored
1) Deer Creek Middle School 133 2) Yukon Middle School Red 105
3) Yukon Middle School White 65 4) Monroney Middle School 44
4) Carl Albert Middle School 44 6) Bethany Middle School 42
6) Westmoore Junior High 42 8) Casady Middle School 19
9) Taft Middle School 9 10) Northeast Middle School 8
10) John Marshall Middle Schoo 8 10) Piedmont Middle School 8
Men - 7th Grade - Team Rankings - 14 Events Scored
1) Deer Creek Middle School 104 2) Carl Albert Middle School 95
3) Casady Middle School 58 4) Westmoore Junior High 51
5) Taft Middle School 49 6) Monroney Middle School 48
7) Longfellow Middle School 47 8) Yukon Middle School Red 46
9) Western Heights Middle Sch 24 10) Piedmont Middle School 21
11) Douglass Middle School 6 11) Yukon Middle School White 6
13) Bethany Middle School 3
Men - 8th Grade - Team Rankings - 14 Events Scored
1) Deer Creek Middle School 177.50 2) Taft Middle School 64.50
3) Piedmont Middle School 61.50 4) Westmoore Junior High 47
5) Western Heights Middle Sch 42 6) Cooper Middle School, Put 32
7) Yukon Middle School Red 30 8) Longfellow Middle School 23
9) Bethany Middle School 22 10) Casady Middle School 21
Pick up after the meet will be at the meet location or at Rose Union Elementary 5100 NW 220th St. Edmond, OK 73025 which is near the bus barn. It will be late this evening when we complete the meet.
All students going to the meet today will leave at 1:30. The meet is located at the track complex just west of Northwest 50th Street and Council Road. The order of events may be found at www.ohstrack.com on the calendar for middle school.
Time Schedule: 2:30 PM Coaches Meeting
3:00 PM Field Events
3:30 PM Running Events (Timed Finals)
Sorry for the late timing but due to temps and windchill the girls will not have track practice today after school. The girls will have practice tomorrow after school. The girls know who should plan on being there. Anyone trying hurdles, 100, 200, and 400 relays, and field events are needed. All others who want to work out and are going to the meet on Thursday are welcome. Tuesday 2:30-4.
Girls Track: There will be a special track practice after school on Monday, March 25th, for the 7/8 girls only. The girls will be notified if they need to stay after school for practice. Thanks!
All Track Boys and Girls going to the Meet on Thursday, March 28th will be notified by Wednesday or sooner. We will be leaving from the Middle School at 1:30. The meet is in Bethany off of Council and 50th.
Hey, hey, hey...One meet under our belts!!! We did great! The DCMS Coaching Staff wants to thank all our volunteers who helped us today. You all were AMAZING!!! Thanks!
How to wash the track uniform:
Wash the track uniforms in COLD water. Air dry only!!!
Information about our relay meet:
1. Uniforms will be handed out tomorrow during first or second hour.
2. Lunch may be eaten during the times of 10:15 through 11:50 in the school cafeteria. You may also choose to send a lunch or the concession stand will be available. You may want to send money with them for the concession stand.
3. The meet is located at the middle school. Our track is on the north side of the building.
4. The meet starts at 10:15 . We would like all helpers to be here if you are working an event or first shift concession stand by 9:30.
5. This is an opportunity to allow many of our athletes to compete. It is the first meet for the seventh grade. If they tell you they are not sure what to do... they may be correct but they will learn a lot about how a track meet runs by the end of the day tomorrow. Please remind them to listen for their event to be announced.
6. We do not know how long the meet will last. The order of events is posted on the Information, Downloads, and Forms link. If your child is finished with their event we will encourage them to ride the bus home.
Tomorrow may be sunny... send sunscreen, dress in layers, Spirit Pack Sweats are not in yet,
8. There are still openings for workers. If you are not on the list found on the Information, Downloads, and Forms link email me.
Even though the meet may be finsished we will need help cleaning up!
Thanks..... We should have a great day tomorrow!!!
Workers schedule is on the Track Information Downloads and Forms link. Please check your assignment and time. Workers need to report between 9:15 and 9:30 unless your time is later in the day.
We will have worker schedule posted soon. We are still in need of workers for the meet on Thursday. If you have contacted me you will be working. If you have not contacted us to help please do so.
Thanks so much.
Spirit Pack money and order forms are due tomorrow Friday, March 1st. Late money and orders will not be accepted.
Make Checks payable to DCMS
$60 for the set.
$35 for the hoodie
$30 for the pants
You may use this as a form. We will need what you want and your sizes as well as your money by tomorrow!
We have 12 helpers already signed up. We need more but the morning session for concession workers is full. We are in need of more help. Our meet with Mustang has been cancelled by Mustang. :(
We are in need of track workers for our meet on March 7th.
We have been fighting weather conditions so we are still having tryouts for all our relay an field events.
We are going to try to involve as many participants in this meet as possible.
We have Chris Wade who will be our STARTER!!! Thanks Chris!
So now is the time to sign up. We need 8 timers, 10 field event coordinators ( shot, discus, long jump, high jump, and pole vault) NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED! For the concession stand we need four workers for two sessions one beginning at 10 and the other at 12:30 (8 total). If you want to work both sessions that is fine with us!
Please contact a track coach if you are available to help!
Jamie Brehm, Kristen Tosh, Nate Greer, James Sutton, and Andy Howington
There will be a parent meeting for any student interested in track on Monday, Feb. 11 in the middle school gym at 6:45 p.m.
We hope to see all parents who may be needing information on our track program for middle school boys and girls to be at the meeting.
All information will be deleted from this site. Please do not resubscribe for the Newsflash until Tuesday, August 14! Thanks.