Flower Mound School is an A+ school. That means we believe children learn through many different ways. The following are eight multiple intelligences we believe children use to learn.
1. Self Smart-Students learn best by their self. They like to journal and work alone. A student who is self smart would enjoy the computer.
2. People Smart-Students learn best in a group. They love to talk and work with others. A student who is people smart would enjoy the kitchen area.
3. Nature Smart-Students learn best through nature. They love exploring outdoors and learning about living things. A student who is nature smart enjoys collecting rocks or catching insects at recess.
4. Picture/Art Smart-Students learn best through pictures. They love to look or create pictures. A student who is picture/art smart loves to work with crayons, markers, paint, etc...
5. Word Smart-Students learn best by hearing or seeing words. They love to read and write. A student who is word smart loves story time.
6. Math/Logic Smart-Students learn best through numbers and patterns. They love to solve problems. A student who is math/logic smart enjoys puzzles and building things.
7. Body Smart-Students learn best by using their body. They like to play sports, exercise and dance. A student who is body smart enjoys are movement activities and recess.
8. Music Smart-Students learn best through music. They love to sing, hum or play instruments. A student who is music smart enjoys listening to our songs.
We will be talking to your children about the many different ways they are smart. By knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your child's smarts, we are able to improve their educational experience .