Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Teaching Kindergarten
10. Kindergartners ALWAYS love their teacher.
9. They start the year barely able to hold a pencil and end the year reading
8. Kindergartners are excited about everything we do in class.
7. I get hugs all day long.
6. Where can you go every day where someone will tell you that you look
5. Their unguarded remarks that make me laugh such as "What happened to your
4. There is a lot of singing.
3. They don't care that I can't carry a tune.
2. They always tell me that I'm the best teacher they ever had even though
I'm (for most) the only teacher they have ever had.
1. When you teach kindergarten...YOU are the one that starts their academic
careers off with success. What can be more rewarding than that?
My name is Pam Guselle and I am one of two JK/SK Kindergarten teachers here
at Lakeside Public School. I have been a teacher at Lakeside for many, many
years. I started my teaching career in Kindergarten, went on to teach other
grades and this is now my sixth year back in the Kindergarten world.
I absolutely LOVE teaching this age group. Children at this age have such
enthusiasm for learning. They keep me on my toes too as they have endless
Education is the basic foundation for all learning. Kindergarten is the
beginning stepping stone for that foundation. It is my job as a Kindergarten
teacher to provide students with a safe and exciting learning environment in
which they can progress at their own rate. I engage children in hands-on
activities that stimulate their curiosity and help prepare them in becoming
the readers, writers, and mathematicians of tomorrow.
Sometimes the children are so excited to find out that I leave school and
have a life outside of school. They are often shocked that I shop for
groceries, have a home, and do fun things too!
When I’m not teaching, my favourite thing to do is spend time with my
family. My husband Pascal and I have a 7 year old son Matthew. I have two
step-daughters, Katie age 16 and Eleanor age 18. We also have two turtles,
Jaws & Teeny. I am always sharing “Matthew stories” with the kids – and they
love hearing them.
Other interests include music, dance, crafts, antiques, shopping and
teaching beginner Latin Dance. (“Cha-Cha-Cha!”)
Latest News: Just finished a fitness instructor training course and is now
an official, licensed Zumba Instructor!
Next Step: to take the Zumbatomic course which teaches how to fuse the Zumba
program's unique formula with the psychology and physiology relevant to
teaching kids ages 4-12. We all know kids love to crank up the music, shake,
wiggle and have a blast with their friends. So why not get fit while they're
at it? Sounds like fun!