Home | Teacher Page | Introduction | Task | Process | Evaluation | Conclusion | Researcher | Volcanologist | Historian | Photographer
Top Text Title:
As the Historian of your team, you are responsible for the following
OBJECTIVE #1 - Volcanic Eruptions
Answer the following questions completely. Questions #1, #2, and #3 are
worth 10 points towards your overall grade. Questions #4, #5, and #6 must
be included in your final project. (3 slides)
1. Why do some volcanoes erupt explosively whereas others erupt quietly?
2. Many people in Pompeii died as a result of suffocation during the
eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. What might have caused their suffocation?
3. How is it possible that a volcanic island, such as Surtsey, is now home
to many different organisms? Explain.
4. When was the most recent eruption of your volcano?
5. When was the most destructive eruption of the volcano?
6. Using at least 3 paragraphs, describe the most destructive or recent
eruption and what effects it has had on the local landscape and climate.
***If you have accomplished all of your objectives, see if any of your team
members could use some assistance.
The websites below will help you in your research.
Links Section Title:
Bottom Text Title:
Your Addison-Wesley Science Insights textbook
Show Google Safe Search on this page