Once Administrators and School Board approve facility request, an approved copy will be mailed to the organization.
1) †Regular day school activities will have first priority for all space; approved adult education programs will have second priority; approved non-school groups will have third priority and will be assigned space according to the order of the receipt of their application.
2) Time of occupancy shall terminate at .† The Board will permit no use of District facilities on Sunday without special consideration and approval.
3) Application for use of school facilities must be submitted sixty (60) days prior to the anticipated use.† Early application for use is desirable.† Unless paperwork is approved by the Board and signed off by Superintendent, the event will not appear nor be planned for on the facilities usage weekly schedule.
4) Cancellation should be made
by the organization at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance.† If costs are incurred by the
5) Any activity carried on in school facilities shall be according to the Pennsylvania Law and in conformity with Borough ordinances and the dignity and moral standards associated with public schools.
NO MEETING SHALL BE HELD IN A
a. For the purpose of advancing any doctrine or theory subversive to the State
b. For the purpose of advocating social or political violence, or which is of a
Nature likely to incite such violence.
7) Special room equipment, or requests for installation or movement of furniture or equipment in conjunction with an organizationís use of a school facility should be requested at the time the space is reserved.† Such permission must be so stated on the permit.† School equipment such as projectors and public address systems and state equipment may not be used by outside organization without the service of school operators.† Organizations are reminded that the service of school operators is not always available.† Physical education, science, business, or any other equipment or supplies will not be used by any group except school organizations without special consideration and approval by the Board.
organizations shall abide by the regulations at each facility regarding NO SMOKING.† No Alcoholic beverages are to be brought or
consumed in school buildings or grounds.†
Nothing shall be sold, given, exhibited, or displayed without prior
permission.† Concessions and parking
rights are reserved by the
2) Organizations receiving permission to use school facilities are responsible for the conduct of both participants and spectators.† Adequate provisions shall be made to handle anticipated crowds.† Where auxiliary police services are required, as noted on the approved facility request form, the requesting organization is responsible for securing and paying fees for such services.† The Dallas Board of School Directors reserves the right to determine if adequate steps have been taken.† The permit holder agrees to assume responsibility for all liabilities arising incidental to the occupancy of building use, it being understood and agreed that the public school assumes no obligations respecting the use of such premises.† It is further required that the Board of Superintendent or its designated agent shall have the sponsoring organization furnish the Dallas Board of Education certificates of Insurance in single limit of $500,000 bodily injury and $50,000 property damage or its equivalent of duly authorized and signed release of all claims to be approved by the Board of Directors.† (See attached Release of all Claims.)
3) Admission charges to activities held in school facilities shall be made only as stated by the user upon the application.
4) No commercial use of the
5) †When school cafeteria is used, the Food Service Manager, or other designated school employee, must be present and have general supervision of school equipment.† The fee for this service must be paid by the organization using cafeteria facilities according to established rates.† The Food Service Manager shall determine the number of cafeteria employees and designate the personnel to work, necessary for community use of the school cafeteria.
6) When the school gymnasium, auditorium, and/or the athletic field are used, custodian, or other designated school employee, must be present and have general supervision of school equipment.† The fee for this service must be paid by the organization using the auditorium or gymnasium facilities according to established rates.† The Supervisor of Building and Grounds shall determine the number of custodial or Grounds employees and designate the personnel to work, necessary for community use of the school auditorium, gymnasium, and/or athletic field(s).
7) Any decorations shall be erected in a manner that will not be destructive to school property, and the custodian on duty shall approve such erection.† All decorations shall be removed from the building before on the next day after the building has been used.† The use of any materials on the floor or other parts of the building without specific approval of the custodian or Grounds person on duty is strictly prohibited.† All decorations used must be of fireproof nature.† Alterations to school property are prohibited.
8) All advertising except that incidental to programs, and all sale of merchandise, printed matter, or other material are forbidden unless the Board of School Directors gives special approval.
9) Any right or privilege granted to any person, persons, or organizations to use any building or property is personal and shall not be transferred to any other person, persons, or organization.
10) Organizations gaining approval to use school district facilities will limit their use of the facilities to those areas specifically approved.† Unauthorized use of areas or equipment not specifically approved will result in the withdrawal of the organizationís original approved application and permit to use school facilities.
11) The decision to require police supervision and/or parking attendants shall be made by the Superintendent, or other Board designated issuing officer.
12) †Payment of any rental service
fees will be made to the
13) The Buildings and Grounds Supervisor initially is responsible to make all decisions regarding facility requests.† If he needs to refer to anyone, he is to contact the Superintendent or his designee as stated in the organizational chart.† Individual board members other than the President shall not supercede any decisions made by the Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds.