Mrs. Bernatowicz’s Fridge Facts
Week of December 3rd-6th
This week’s theme: Many States, One Country
This week’s reading skill: Fix-It Up Strategies
This week’s phonics skill: Word families ore, are, ire
This week’s vocabulary: reside, route, state
This week’s grammar skill: proper nouns (titles)
Writer’s Workshop skill: Informational Writing-Writing results and selecting a topic for an informational book.
This week’s spelling words:
*All students are responsible for the following words on the test.
This week’s math skills:
· Subtraction with regrouping
Science: Revisiting Plants and Animals
This Week’s Special Schedule:
Monday- No School
The following is the homework expectation for the remainder of the year unless otherwise specified:
1. Be sure to complete the appropriate café assignments.
2. Practice your math facts each night. Any questions please contact me.
3. Each night your child is to read at least 10-15 minutes to themselves, someone in the family, responsible friend, etc.
4. Remember to sign your child’s agenda each night that you have reviewed and discussed homework and what has come home in the red folder.
Special news or announcements:
· Thank you for supporting our Stone Soup project. The students loved it!