As children reach school age, our comprehensive program helps them explore, communicate and create-all in a nurturing, small class setting. Students learn reading, language arts, math, science, technology, Greek, and physical fitness. The children learn through teacher-directed lessons, as well as through their own experimentation and socialization. Our programs are aligned with PA State Standards, so children will be prepared to confidently enter first grade.
The curriculum expands on the preschool curriculum in each area to the appropriate level.
Each subject is addressed according to the correlating PA State Standard in a variety of learning activities.
· Literacy (Reading, Language Arts, Writing)
· Social Studies
We offer an array of large & small group learning activities to develop language and communication skills.
Daily learning centers provide opportunities to explore math, language, art, music, science, social studies, drama, and technology.
· The students learn about our faith through:
· Bible stories & the lives of the Saints
· Attending partial church services on feast days
· Observing traditions and holidays in the church
· Daily prayers and hymns
Foreign Language-the Greek language is introduced and developed through lessons and songs.
Social Interaction- the students:
o Communicate with others verbally and non-verbally to engage the world around them.
o Make new friends and gain the confidence to form trusting relationships and value their individuality
· Develop self-confidence and independence through various daily activities.
· Gain the comfort and confidence to form trusting relationships and value their individuality
Physical- the students:
· Participate in motor-skill development, coordination, mobility, and exercise all help ensure your growing child has a healthy body for lifetime.