Short clips of various educational videos, relating to the current curriculum will be posted here. You may view the videos and challenge yourself to think critically in answering the questions. Have fun!
In Religion we will soon be learning about holy people in our church's history. In 2015, our Pope, Pope Francis, may be visiting the United States! Think about the following questions as you watch the video.
1. What is Pope Francis' real name?
2. Where did he grow up?
3. What serious thing happened to his lungs?
4. What does he believe in and how can you live like him?
We will be learning about the Sacraments of Initiation. Watch the following video and think about the following questions.
1. There are three sacraments of Initiation. Can you name them?
2. Which sacraments have you received?
3. What Sacrament of Initiation will you receive this year? What other sacrament will you receive this year?
The Good Samaritan
Jesus knew that people from the country of Samaria were not well liked. But Jesus wanted all people to care about others. Jesus told a story about a Jewish man and a Samaitan man. Watch the video to recall the story and think about the following questions.
1. Who hurt the traveler?
2. What did the religious leader and the Temple worker do?
3. Who did stop to help the traveler?
4. How did the Samaritan man help the traveler?
*A hero helps others even when doing so is hard. The Samaritan had courage. He helped a stranger who needed him. He was a good person.
Our summer author was Tomie DePaola. He is an author/illustrator. Watch the following story by Tomie DePaola and think about the questions as you watch.
1. Who are the main characters?
2. Where does the story take place (setting)?
3. What is the problem in the story? How is it solved?
We will be learning about writing complete sentences using subjects and predicates.
The subject tells who or what the sentence is about.
The predicate tells what the subject does.
We will be learning about homophones. Homophones are words that sound alike, but have different spellings and meanings.
Watch the video as Larry sings about homophones. Can you think of some other homophones you know? Write down a pair of homophone. Use each one in a sentence.
Example: see - sea I can see the white snowflakes falling from the sky.
There are many different creatures that live in the sea.
We're learning about Weather and the Seasons
We will be reading Diary of Spider by Doreen Cronin. Have fun listening to this modern day version of the song "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and answer the following questions:
Facts about Spiders
We know spiders have 2 body parts (the abdomen and the thorax).
We know spiders have 8 legs. How many legs is the spider in this video missing?
What is Arachnophobia?
Is there anything you are afraid of?
We are learning subtraction strategies. Listen to the following song about subtraction. 1. What are the two parts called in subtraction? What's the answer called? 2. What are the different ways you can subtract?
Listen to the following song about related facts and fact families and think about the following questions:
1. How can you make a related addition fact?
2. Name two related addition facts
3. Who are the four family members in a fact family? What jobs do they do?
We will learn about Christopher Columbus. Watch this song about Columbus. See if you can answer the following questions:
Where did Columbus grow up?
What country did he sail for?
Who did he ask for money?
What was he trying to accomplish?
Christopher needed to be very brave and have lots of courage. What is something that you needed to have courage for in order to accomplish?