St. Catherine of Siena School
Welcome to Second Grade!
The following are materials needed for second grade:
• large school bag
• extra large stretchable book cover(for anthology)
• three sharpened pencils (needed each day)
• pink, rectangular eraser
• 3 glue sticks (no liquid glue)
• small pair of round-tipped scissors
• crayons (regular size 8, 16, or 24 count)
• a blue folder for class assignments, a red folder for papers
to be sent home, and a yellow folder for tests. Be sure
to label the folders clearly with your child’s name.
• If you are new to our school, also provide two additional
folders for Music and Computers.
• Copybooks and pencil case will be provided.
• 2 boxes of tissues, 2 containers of baby wipes, 2 rolls of
paper towels, and 2 containers of Clorox wipes
• one dry erase board along with a dry erase marker and eraser
• $25.00 classroom fee (cash preferred or check made out to
SCS) This will cover copybooks, pencil case, and art supplies
throughout the year.
Some helpful hints:
• All books must be covered with clear contact paper.
• Please use a permanent marker to write your child’s name on
ALL personal belongings.
• Please bring all school supplies and $25 classroom fee with
you on the first day. If you would like to bring in the
cleaning supplies on the first few days, that is fine.
• Thank you for helping your child to be prepared for second
grade. I look forward to working with you next year to help
your child to succeed.