If you are going to be a Sophomore in the 2012 - 2013 school year and will be taking either English 10, Honors English 10 or AP English, please go into the "Study Skills" section of our webpage for your summer reading requirements!
HOBY - Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership Seminar
This is a one week seminar on how to lead and make a difference, usually in the spring. If you are creative at problem solving, have strong decision making skills, a charismatic personality, and courage to speak out for your beliefs, this may be for you! See guidance for more information and to apply to attend. Only one ambassador is sent from a school, so check it out right away!
Deadline is December 2, 2011.
DAVINCI SCIENCE CENTER HALL OF FAME 2013 STUDENT EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Must be a high school student in grades 9 through 12, passionate about science, uncommonly creative, insatiably curious, involved in science beyond the classroom, good academics.
Deadline: January 7, 2013
A PLANNING LIST FOR 10TH GRADE STUDENTS
Plan for the Year Ahead
- Meet with your counselor to discuss your college plans. Review your schedule with him or her to make sure you're enrolled in challenging classes that will help you prepare for college. Colleges prefer four years of English, history, math, science, and a foreign language.
- Start a calendar with important dates and deadlines.
- Get more involved with your extracurricular activities.
- Use College Search to find out the required courses and tests of colleges that you might be interested in attending.
- Go to college fairs in your area.
Consider Taking the PSAT/NMSQT®
- Sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT, which is given in October. Ask your counselor which date is offered at your school. Get free online PSAT/NMSQT practice.
- If you're taking the PSAT/NMSQT check 'yes' for Student Search Service® to hear about colleges and scholarships.