Traveling with Tall Tales
|Home | Introduction | Task | Process | Standards | Exaggerator | Travel Guide | Super Mapper | Problem Solver | Conclusion | Individual Rubric | Group Rubric | Fun and Games | Email|
Your teacher will be your guide on your tall tale adventure trip, so if you have any questions during your trip be sure to ask her.
Steps for your group to complete:
1) Meet with your group and talk about other tall tale adventures you’ve heard of or read about. Discuss these questions while you’re traveling.
2) Okay, we’re at our first stop. Everyone in your group will need to split up to get their own job assignments. To do this, click on the name of your job below. When you’ve finished all of your jobs, meet back here with your group.
3) Now that you are back from your tall tale adventures, everyone in your group needs to share their work with each other.
Everyone needs to share their work for each of these tall tale adventures:
1) The Birth of Paul Bunyan
2) Pecos Bill Finds a Hard Outfit
3) Davy Crockett and the Frozen Death
4) John Henry
4) Now it’s time to plan a new adventure for your classmates. Your group is responsible for working together to write a NEW tall tale adventure. Everyone in the group has an important job in this:
The exaggerator needs to be sure exaggeration is used in the new adventure. The travel guide needs to make sure you travel through interesting places. The story mapper needs to make sure there is a superhuman character with amazing abilities. The problem solver will make sure there is a problem that is solved in a funny way. It is important that everyone works together, because you will be graded on this project.
Click below to OPEN and PRINT the tall tale story guide.
5) Once your story is complete, you will need to work together to revise, edit, and publish it onto a TALL publishing page. Then you will illustrate your superhuman character to attach to your story. See an example below:
Create your own TALL tale with this page:
6) Practice reading your new adventure because your group will share it with the class!
7) If your group finishes early, you can go to the FUN and Games Page.