MNPS Scavenger Hunt from website...
1. Student lunches cost twenty cents more this year when school
started. What are the prices for student now? List all.
2. On a regular school bus (not MTA) which students are not eligible for
3. According to the web site, about how many students had a smooth
start to school
4. According to the web site, about how many people attended (a record)
the Mayorï¿½s First Day Festival?
5. List three other magnet schools and the ï¿½field of studyï¿½ or ï¿½themeï¿½ list
by the web site.
6. List all of the information for Meigs Magnet in the school information
7. In the ï¿½Instructionï¿½ section, which schoolï¿½s principal recently won an
8. In the ï¿½Communityï¿½ section, how does the web site describe ï¿½Club
9. In the ï¿½Our Districtï¿½ section, what does the web site give as Metroï¿½s
How many employees does MNPS have?
10. In the ï¿½Studentï¿½ section, what does the Middle and High School
Dress code have listed as rule 5?
_____ Scale of miles/km (etc) usedï¿½(10 pts)
_____ Title displayedï¿½ (10 pts)
_____ Legend usedï¿½ (10 pts)
_____ Accuracyï¿½ (20 pts)
_____ Map displayed meets specificationsï¿½ (20 pts)
_____ CREATIVITYï¿½ (15 pts)
_____ Neatnessï¿½ (10 pts)
_____ Overall defense of effortï¿½ (5 pts)
8.15.03 Safety Quiz and Check Up....
Safety Quiz #1
1. Always get the ___________________ permission before
attempting any science
2. The role of the safety symbols is:
3. You should always wear __________________ when working
acids, bases, and any time there is any chance of your eyes being
4. Why should one NOT wear contact lenses in a science lab?
5. Give an example of one of the mentioned pieces of safety equipment
should always know the location of in a science lab. Explain why.
6. Make a list of some possible safety problems that can arise when
one does not pay attention to neatness issues. Some examples can
include open toe shoes, loose papers, loose sleeves, cosmetics, hair
7. Never hold an object in your _____________ when cutting it.
8. All sharp objects should be handed with extreme ____________.
9. When handling different chemicals, treat them as potentially
__________________ chemicals. They may not be, but always take
10. Why should glass be used to place chemicals in when in the
Weekly Check Up!!!
1. The subject of most imperative sentences is ______________. Why
is this true?
2. The four steps in solving a problem are:
3. The differences in a political map and physical map are:
Correct the follow M.U.G. sentencesï¿½.
4. the turtle is a slo moving animal that is ofen confused with a less
5. Why do rabitts move slower than cars.
6. My appointment is schedule for monday august 18 i need to make
sure to be their
7. For students set at each team accept for team one
8. Multiply: 4725 x 832