How to Make Circle Books
Trace and cut out two circles of the same size.
Place the circle on top of each other.
Fold the circles into fourths.
Cut on one of the lines to the center line.
Tape the top circle where you cut to the bottom circle.
This creates a spiral effect. Fold the quarter sections and you end up with a
triangular creation. Always fold inwards. Make sure the books opens right to
On the front triangular piece you place a title. Label the other triangles
picture, words. Repeat picture and words throughout the book.
As you unfold each triangle you can place a fact or sentence to create a wacky
type of book.
*If you type out the facts on a word processor, you want to divide your page
into a four column paper.
This will help the sentence strips to be the right size to fit on the
triangles when they are cut out.
Types of Circle Books
All About ____
The Life Cycle of a _____
Oh the Things I Saw on the Way to _____
Circle Book on Draw
1. Select AppleWorks Draw or Microsoft Word
2. Go Window to Page view
3. Minimize page, so you can see the whole page a one time without
having to scroll.
4. Draw a circle
*Hold down the shift key while you draw the circle tool. This will help the
circle maintain its shape.
5. Use the Line tool to draw perpendicular lines and divide the circle into 4
6. Go to Edit select all.
7. Then go to Format - Group
*Now the circle and the lines are grouped together as one object.
8. Go to Format - Document, change Pages Across to 2, leave pages down as 1.
9. Click on the circle one time. Go to Edit copy, then Edit paste.
10. Move the second circle to page two.
11. Use the Text tool to write. Click on the text box to create handles. Go
to Arrange -
Free Rotate to turn the box so it will fit into the divided section
of the circle.
You can find detailed instructions with illustrations under PDF Files.
Lapbook Lessons: Circle Book - YouTube
Dec 26, 2007 - Uploaded by mcclintick02
Circle books are great for making pop-ups or compare and contrast themes for your lapbooks.