based on Dinah Zike's Books
1. Select AppleWorks Draw *You can also create a square on MicroSoft Word.
2. Go Window to Page view
3. Minimize page, so you can see the whole page a one time without having to
4. Draw a Square
*Hold down the shift key while you draw the square tool. This will help the
square maintain its shape.
5. Use the Line tool to draw diagonal lines and divide the square into 4
6. Go to Edit select all.
7. Then go to Format - Group
*Now the square and the lines are grouped together as one object.
8. Go to Format - Document, change Pages Across to 2, Pages Down to 2.
9. Click on the square one time. Go to Edit copy, then Edit paste.
10. Move the second square to page two. Repeat the copy and paste on all four
11. Use the Text tool to write. Click on the text box to create handles.
Go to Arrange - Free Rotate to turn the box so it will fit into the divided
section of the square.
12. Repeat with the steps with the other squares.
13. Staple the for 3D figures together. You have created a Pyramid book.
You can find detailed instructions with illustrations under PDF Files.
A pyramid pattern is available under CWK Files and DOC Files.
Pyramid Book Tutorial - YouTube