Final draft rules
Instructions for Completing a Final Draft
1. All final drafts must be typed (computer generated.)
2. Use a readable, plain font--no italics, script, or other elaborated
fonts. Do not use an all-capital letter font.
3. The size of the font must be 12 point. No larger, no smaller.
4. Set margins at 1" on all sides. You set margins in Microsoft Word by
pulling down the File menu, choosing Page Set-up, and setting all margins at
1". There is no gutter--don't worry about that setting.
5. Set line spacing at 1.5 or double-spaced. You do this in Microsoft Word
by pulling down the Format menu, choosing Paragraph, Line Setting, 1.5 or
6. Do not print out on both sides of the paper.
7. Staple your paper together in the following order: Bottom: Prewriting:
listing and clusters; on top of pre-writing: rough draft 1 with revisions; on
top of rough draft 1: rough draft 2 with ratiocinations; on top of rough
draft 2 : list of sentence beginnings;(on back for this paper) on top of
sentence beginnings: any other drafts; ON THE VERY TOP : TYPED FINAL DRAFT
WITH COMPLETE HEADING