Mary Ann Murry
I was born and raised in El Paso, TX., graduated from the University of Texas
at El Paso. I have 2 daughters and live in Round Rock with my Geologist
I love reading, snow skiing, horses and KIDS!! This is my 20th year of
teaching. I have taught Kindergarten, 1st
and 3rd grades. This is my 14th year teaching the wonderful Kindergarten
kids at Gattis Elementary.
I love teaching Kindergarten, I like being their 1st school experience.
My goal is to have a warm, nurturing, challenging environment where all
learners have choices and a voice. All children learn at different rates in
different ways, our classroom will be a place where children feel safe to
find the learning style that is best for them as they try new things.
Foundations of Kindergarten
Every child will enter kindergarten with differing experiences and differing
amounts of knowledge.
What your child should practice before entering or while in kindergarten...
Get Ready for Kindergarten
Your child should know/practice…
1. tying his/her shoes and getting dressed
2. recognize and write his/her name
3. know letters (and the sounds they make)
4. be able to hold and use a pencil & scissors correctly (draw a circle and a
square-then cut it out)
5. buttoning and unzipping his/her pants
6. counting and recognizing numbers 1-10.
7. cleaning up his/her toys in less than 5 minutes
8. complying with a request the first time asked
9. taking care of their own toileting needs
10.able to sit and listen to a complete story
11. listening and following directions, (no is not negotiable) *****