1. Skill Development 2. Tournament Play 3. Skills Testing
4. Fitness development
Outdoor: Flag Football, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, Softball, Mile run
Indoor: Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Floor Hockey, Soccer.
1. Yellow Wasatch P.E. t-shirt. Students will recieve their shirt on the
second day of class.
2. Shorts or Sweats, seperate from those worn to school. Shorts must be
athletic type and school appropriate (mid thigh). Shorts can be any
color. No denim shorts.
4. Gym shoes, non-marking
5. Sweat shirt or light jacket for cooler days outside
Classroom Procedures and Expectations:
1. P.E. clothes are to be taken home on Fridays, (not during the week),
laundered and brought back to school on Mondays.
2. Students must be dressed every day, in proper uniform, and seated in
pre-selected rows for roll call 5 minutes after the tardy bell
3. Students must sit quietly and attentively during roll call.
4. Students will be expected to participate in class activities and to
display good sportsmanship.
5. During the class period, the rest rooms, drinking fountains, or trips
to the lockers will not be allowed, (except for emergencies). This
should be taken care of before class begins.
6. Equipment will be used only according to instructional guidelines.
Students will not get out the equipment without the teacher's
permission. Students will be responsible for damaging or unsafe use
of the equipment. Students are expected to return equipment to its
proper storage space when instructed.
7. After dressing, students will remain in the gym or locker room until
the final bell rings. No wandering the halls
8. Safety is of great concern. If any injury should occur, please
notify the teacher immediately.
9. Chewing gum, candy, food, drinks are not allowed in the gym or locker
10. Jewelry should be locked up with other valuables in your locker
Credit lost during absences can be made up with 30 minutes of
exercis or activity for each day that is missed. Please talk to Coach
Niederhauser within 3 days of an absence to tell him what you have done
to make up your absence. After 3 days, you must bring a note from
home signed by your parentsss to make up missing points.
A written excuse is required for students with injuries or illness if
they are to be excused from participation. A parental excuse with
parent/guardian signature and telephone number will excuse a student
for up to three days within a two week period. Additional days of
non-participation will be excused only by a doctor's request of no
P.E. activity. Non-participating students may be required to complete
other assignmets to recieve credit.
1. Dressing=25% 2. Participation 75%
Dressing: Students must be dressed in full uniform to get credit for
that day. If the student is missing any part of the uniform, they
will get a zero for that day. A student may borrow a clean P.E.
uniform for the day if they are missing theirs. 5 points possible.
Participation: students must participate in whatever activity we are
doing that day. There are 10 points possible each day. Each day,
students will be required to participate in fitness conditioning or
fitness testing. Students will lose 3 points each day they don't
participate in conditioning. Students will lose 5 points if they are
sitting down when they should be participating in an activity.
Writing Assignments: There will be 3 or 4 writing assignments per
quarter. The writing assignments will be on Fridays and due on the
following Monday. If a writing assignment is turned in late you will
only recieve half credit. If absent for a writing assignment, you
can make up the writing assignment according to the school homework
Fitness Testing: Students will be graded on their improvement of
physical fitness tests. Any student who improves on their time or
score will receive full credit. Those who do not improve on their
fitness tests will lose points from their grade depending how far
away they are from meeting their own personal marks.
100%-94% = A 93%-90% = A-
89%-87% = B+ 86%-84% = B 83%-80% = B-
79%-77% = C+ 76%-74% = C 73%-70% = C-
69%-67% = D+ 66%-64% = D 63%-60% = D-
59%- 0% = F
Citizenship grades will be determined according to the school policy
found in the student handbook and agenda planner. Any student who
remains in the locker room during class will be counted as an
unexcused absence and will recieve a "1" in citizenship.
I will up date the grades each Friday for the week that was just
completed. If you have any questions you can contact me by email or by
calling the school.
Individual Medical Information:
If you have any medical concerns that we should be aware of please let
me know. It is very important that I am aware of any limitations that
you may have for participation. I will do whatever I can to accomadate
any special concerns.