VOLUNTEER HOURS OPPORTUNITIES
There are many volunteer opportunities at AFA. You get volunteer hours when you are able to do the following:
1. Field Trips- Chaperoning our field trips to various destinations. Please note that ALL chaperones MUST come to school to pick up AFA students, drive them to the trip, and drop them off to school in order to receive volunteer hours. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF WE DON’T GET A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF VOLUNTEERS BEFORE-HAND, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAN A TRIP.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a bus system at AFA, so all field trips will be based on parent volunteers. We would appreciate if you have minivans or big cars to volunteer on the trips. In order to go on the field trip, students will need to bring their car seats/booster seats labeled with their names in the front. All students are required to wear the AFA t-shirt on all trips over their clothes. You can purchase the t-shirt from the office.
I plan to notify all parents at least a month in advance about the field trips so that you can plan to volunteer, make arrangements for your younger children and mark your calendars. Siblings of students are NOT allowed except where mentioned specifically. (Ex: Herndon Farmer’s Market). Field Trips NEED to be focused on AFA students in preschool and it would be difficult if chaperones brought their younger children along the trip with them. Jazakallah for understanding.
2. Community Snack- ALL community snack will be prepared from home and brought to school with your child. You get half hour for EACH day you provide snack.
3. Story Time- Preschool parents and guardians are allowed to visit and share stories with the students. You get half hour for reading your child’s favorite stories to the class.
4. Classroom Preparations- There are many preparations that I need for the classroom throughout the school year. For example, cut out things, color, create, or bring in things for the class. Please let me know if you are interested in doing these on-going tasks. You will earn 1 hour for that specific task.
5. Classroom Events- These include classroom Eid parties, and other things that might require volunteer help from you. (Ex: Field Day, Class Parties, Picture Day, and 100th Day Celebration). Depending on how long that specific event might be will determine the volunteer hours you will receive.
6. You can also ask the Office for opportunities on how you can earn volunteer hours.
*** Please remember: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE to log on to the computer to add your volunteer hour when you volunteer for the classroom or an activity or project you are preparing. Please do not wait until the last minute to sign the logbook since it can create confusion and difficulty to remember the dates and the task you volunteered for. It is advisable to keep a small notepad yourself in your purse or bag, so that you can list the days and date of your help for the Preschool class. This is a great way to remember and keep track of your hours. EACH FAMILY IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE 20 HOURS OF VOLUNTEER WORK BY JUNE 2013.
(If you have opted the volunteer hours by paying up-front, this does not apply to you.)