Movies – Writing Assignments
Over the school year we will view possibly 4 motion pictures. Each movie will take about two to three class periods to view. These movies are not presented as entertainment, but for solid catechetical and apologetic content.
1) Take Notes - While watching the movie, take notes.
2) Write – On the day the movie ends, in class, in your notebook, from your notes, write two or more, well thought-out and grammatically correct paragraphs of 4 or more sentences per paragraph. [2x4=8]
a) 1st Paragraph – entitled Synopsis (4 or more sentences) - Write a synopsis of the movie that demonstrates how well you absorbed and understand the information.
b) 2nd Paragraph – entitled My Response (4 or more sentences)
i) Write your response to the movie. If it touched you, and how.
ii) What you learned that you didn’t know.
iii) If and/or how this film affected your understanding of the Catholic Faith.vi) If and/or how this film affected your understanding of the issue.
3) Post Your Assignment – Post it in Turnitin.com on the evening the of the day you see last part of the movie.
Candidate Movies Under Consideration are those that have relevant moral, spiritual, theological, catechetical, or apologetic content:
- A Man for All Seasons - The Cardinal
- For Greater Glory - The Mission
- October Baby - Chariots of Fire
- The Passion of the Christ