|Home | Teacher | Announcements | AP European History | AP Comparative Government | Frequently asked questions | Email|
AP European History
1. There is no need to panic----yet.
2. As we begin the 19th Century you would do well to read Palmer and Colton carefully. To insure that we cover all the material I will have to highlight some things and give the time for greater detail to those more important .
3. We will emphasize the changing political/economic philosophies as they developed. These would include German Romanticism, the English Liberal/Conservative views of government, the Rise of Socialism, Syndicalism, Anarchy and of course the big one, Communism.
I would caution you to be open minded and objective. While it is not my intent to persuade you to any ideology you may find that the facts are much different from the standard, vague generalizations that are used to explain these ideas.
4. We will also study the rise of the German State, the role of Otto von Bismarck in German and European affairs .
5. As Germany rises there will be a whole new picture of European Diplomacy, Nationalism, imperialism and the major causes for World War I.
6. As we go along I will give you a number of handouts, readings, and other source material to help with your understanding.