1. Parents do not bring your child to school prior to 7:45 A.M. Teachers
are not on duty until 7:45 A.M. Riverview will not be responsible for any
students prior to 7:45 A.M.
2. Please have your child at school on time. The tardy bell will ring at
8:20 A.M. All classes will begin at this time.
3. Any student who is tardy must report to the first floor office and check-
in with the secretary.
4. All visitors must enter through the front visitor entrance.
5. Parents of students in grades Pre-K-Second may walk your child to the
classroom door in the morning. Please drop your child off and exit the
building. If you need to discuss your child's progress, please set up an
appointment during the teacher's planning period.
6. Parents/visitors entering the building between the hours of 8:30 A.M.and
2:50 P.M. will need to press the button at the main entrance for entry. The
secretary will release the doors to allow access into the main office.
7. Please refrain from checking your child out unless he/she is sick or has
a doctor's appointment. It is important that your child be in school
everyday unless absolutely unavoidable. Important materials are covered
each day, which prepares your child to advance to the next grade.
8. Your child must inform the teacher in the morning from 8:00-8:20 A.M.
that he/she will be leaving early and will need assignments. Middle school
students will use homeroom period to see teachers to get assignments due to
early check-outs. Parents are not allowed to interrupt class(es) when
picking up a child to see a teacher or get assignments.
9. Parents who arrive at school to pick up a child at the end of the school
day are asked not to enter the building until 2:50 P.M. Pre-Kindergarten
parents are asked to report to the cafeteria and be seated. Teachers and
aides will deliver your child to you. Parents of students in grades one
through eight are asked to wait in the first floor foyer. First floor
students will be dismissed at 2:55 P.M. Second and third floor students
will be dismissed at 3:00 P.M. Parents are not allowed in hallways. It is
important to keep hallways clear for designated bus dismissals.
10. Students will be allowed to exit the bus at their designated stops only.
Any student needing to ride a school bus to another destination must have
written permission from a parent/guardian. The principal or designee must
sign this permission form. This permission form must be submitted to the bus
11. If parents/guardians wish to have a conference with a teacher, please
call school and schedule a meeting during the teacher's planning period.
12. Parents should fill out a pick-up form if someone other than yourself
needs to pick-up your child from school. The telephone number and name of
someone other than the parents are extremely important in case of an
emergency and in event the school is unable to contact the child's parents
13. Students who require medication while at school must have a medical
form signed by the parent and physician who prescribed the medication.
Parents are responible for obtaining the physician's signature. This form
must be returned with any medication to be administered. Parents must give
their child's medication to administrative personnel. At no time should
medication be sent with a student to school.
14. If there are custody problems and/or the child remains with someone
other than the biological parents, then the school must be informed. The
school must have the court order or notarized statement to place on file in
15. All students who are absent and tardy each day will receive notification
by phone. Please call school to verify the reason for a student's absence.
Also, please send a doctor's excuse or written parental excuse to school
with the student the following day.