Dorothy Fox PTA
June 14, 2013
● Upcoming Dates
*June 17: Field Day (Grades 1-4)
*June 18: Field Day (kindergarten)
*June 18: 5th Grade Colonial Day (contact your teacher for supplies needed and volunteer opportunities)
*June 19: Hawaiian Day
*June 19: Last Day of School - Students will be dismissed at 10:50 am. Buses depart at 11:00 am
*June 19: A.M. Kindergarten is scheduled to attend on Wednesday, May 19
● Field Day: June 17! Please let your teacher know if you can volunteer.
● The Fox Pack Swingin’ Ukes went out with a bang this school year as they performed at the Camtown Youth Festival last Saturday at 11:30am. With beautiful warm and sunny weather, around 30 members of the group entertained with their set of swing, jazz and fun novelty uke music for a crowd of pleased parents and community members. The group debuted its percussion section, playing the new instruments purchased with a generous grant by the Camas Educational Foundation. Mr. Hunley would like to thank Fox staff, parents, and the community of Camas for their continued support in this fantastic program, and wishes everyone a peaceful and relaxing summer!
● Run for the Arts: It was a great day for running and the kids did a super job. Run for the Arts donations and pledges are due to the office by the end of day on Monday June 17 to be counted for prizes.
● Last Day for Meal Service will be Tuesday, June 18
● Lost and Found will be moved to the hallway next to the Living Room Monday morning. Please check to check to see if you child has any missing items. At the end of the year all of the unclaimed items will be donated.
● Spirit Day: Last Day of School - June 19: Hawaiian Day! Parents are welcome to attend the end of year assembly.
● Last Day of School: June 19. Classes dismissed at 10:50 a.m. Buses depart at 11:00 a.m.
● Spring Report Cards: mailed home by June 26
● Volunteers make our school great!...Thank you to everyone who volunteered this year! We couldn't have done it without you. Your willingness to pitch in is what makes our school great
● Box Tops: The results are in for the final Box Tops competition of the school year and the winners are....
Mrs. Cadonau's Kindergarten class won a private Hawaiian party with Dr. Sork and the individual prize goes to 5th grader Ethan King who won a Menchie's Gift Card! Great Job. We raised nearly $400 in just 17 days. You really rocked Box Tops this year and I thank everyone who supported this program. Please continue clipping Box Tops through the summer months. Hang an envelope on the refrigerator or cabinet as a reminder. Also, for those of you who may have a 5th grader moving on to middle school, please don't stop clipping Box Tops. Save them up and turn them into the office and keep supporting Dorothy Fox. It would truly be appreciated. Everyone have a safe & wonderful summer vacation and we will see you back next September. Thanks again.
● Library - We are getting close to the end of the year and that means it’s time to return library books. Please look around your house for any books. Also, to support your students during the summer, they can use the following websites to do research, listen to e-books and watch videos on specific topics:
World Book Online www.worldbookonline.com
User name: esd112
Mackin VIA (e-books) www.mackinvia.com
User Name: esd112
Safari Montage (videos) www.safarimontage.com
Students use their grade level login. For example,
if they are in 5th grade, their login would be
User name: dfe5
● Camas High School’s Papermaker Preschool registration is now open for the 2013-2014 school year. The preschool is open to children who are four years old by August 31, 2013. Full-time spots are available, and the hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (nine-hour maximum/day). Tuition is $690 per month, pro-rated September through May. If you have any questions regarding the program or would like to schedule a visit, please call the Career & Technical Education Office at 833-7258.
If you would like to register your child, please call Shanna Nielson or Becky Stauffer at 833-5410 to schedule a registration appointment. Spots are limited, and are on a first come first served basis.