There are two purposes for Lancer Link Advisory. The first purpose is to
provide the student a place and time to complete the work of the portfolio
and culminating project which is a state requirement for graduation.
The second is for students to develop trusting, respectful relationships in a
group setting with a primary adult educator. Through these relationships,
students will develop the skills to make educated decisions about their
future and successfully transition to adulthood.
For the 9th grade year our Esssential Question is: "How Will I Fit Into the
World?" There will be five areas of concentration:
1) Academic: Students will reflect on academic performance and develop at
least one academic goal for the year. Students will also assess and monitor
their academic progress through the year.
2) Career Exploration and Discovery: Students will reflect on their goals and
dreams for the future, investigate career pathways, and develop a career goal.
3) Citizenship: Students will reflect on their involvement in the school
community, determine ways to earn community service hours and continue to
develop the Achievement List. Students will also update their citizenship
4) Best Works/Learning: Students will provide evidence and reflect on what
constitutes Best Works/Learning by collecting four per year.
5) Culminating Project: Complete the required components of the Culminating
Project to include the Student Portfolio Conferences, High School and Beyond
Plan, and the Portfolio Reflective Paper.
Absolute requirements for a passing grade in Advisory are completion of both
Fall and Spring Student Portfolio Conferences.