6th Grade Georgia Performance Standards
* M6P1. Students will solve problems (using appropriate technology).
c. Apply and adapt a variety of appropriate strategies to solve problems.
d. Monitor and reflect on the process of mathematical problem solving.
* M6D1. Students will pose questions, collect data, represent and analyze
data, and interpret results.
* M6D2. Students will use experimental and simple theoretical probability
understand the nature of sampling. They will also make predictions from
* M6A3. Students will evaluate algebraic expressions, including those with
exponents, and solve simple one-step equations using each of the four basic
* M6A1. Students will understand the concept of ratio and use it to
* M6A2. Students will consider relationships between varying quantities.
* M6G2. Students will further develop their understanding of solid figures.
* M6G1. Students will further deelop their understanding of plane figures.
* M6M4. Students will determine the surface area of solid figures (right
rectangular prisms and cylinders).
* M6M3. Students will determine the volume of fundamental solid figures
(right rectangular prisms, cylinders, pyramids and cones).
* M6M2. Students will use appropriate units of measure for finding length,
perimeter, area and volume and will express each quantity using the
* M6M1. Students will convert from one unit to another within one system of
measurement (customary or metric) by using proportional relationships.
* M6N1. Students will understand the meaning of the four arithmetic
operations as related to positive rational numbers and will use these
concepts to solve problems.